The Week Prior to Your Procedure
You can expect one or two calls from NOCSC:
- A nurse will call to ask basic health questions and answer any questions you may have. If a nurse has attempted to contact you and was unsuccessful, it is important to call the nurse’s station at 714-408-9481 ext. 302 to speak with a nurse for your pre-op call.
- Depending on your insurance, you may receive a call from our verifications specialist to notify you of any co-payments that will be collected on the day of your procedure. If you need to talk with our verifications specialist, she can be reached at 714-408-9481 ext. 301
The Day Before Your Procedure
If you are scheduled for a colonoscopy, you will need to take the colon preparation prescribed by your doctor. It is very important to follow the bowl prep instructions given to you by your doctor.
The Day of Your Procedure
We ask that you arrive (1) one hour prior to your scheduled procedure start time. This allows for:
- Verify your patient demographic
- Make copies of your insurance card, driver’s license and/or additional identification cards
- Collect any co-payments
- Sign consent forms
- Answer any questions you may have
- Change into a patient gown
- Take your vital signs
- Take a brief health history
- Start your IV
- Talk with your doctor and/or anesthesiologist
You will be in recovery for approximately (30) thirty minutes. A nurse will take your vital signs and give you your discharge instructions. It is important that you follow up with your doctor to get the results of any biopsies taken. A nurse will call you the following business day to check on how you are feeling.